[ogdcamp] Workshop on licence choices within each country

Igor Ostrowski iostrowski at centrumcyfrowe.pl
Tue Nov 8 16:49:50 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I just added the Polish input.  As per the new Polish law OGD made available to the public must include a clear mark as to its status (subject or not subject to copyright).  When data is classified as 'work' within the meaning of copyright, the gov entitiy holding such data must license it in a manner which will entitle the receiptiant to: (i) use and reuse the OGD freely for both commercial and non commercial purposes,  (ii) create and distribute copies of such data in whole or in part, and (iii) to introduce any changes and distributed related works.

The big question under this scheme is whether gov entities holding data will classify OGD correctly

Best
Igor