[ogdcamp] Countries for OGDCamp

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Tue Oct 11 15:58:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Kat Braybrooke <kat.braybrooke at okfn.org>wrote:

> Very exciting! Thanks for the share, Lucy! Really thinking we should get
> tags or something to identify what country everyone is from.

+1, does anyone have any ideas for how this could happen? We didn't collect
peoples' country at time of registration.

Kat and I were contemplating just now having a 'who's here?' board like at
the OKF office in London asking people to write down the name of their
country if they are the first one in...

What do people think? Any other ideas?

Lucy

> Kat
>
> --
> | Kat Braybrooke | Community Coordinator
> | Open Knowledge Foundation | London UK
> | OKFN.org <http://okfn.org/> | Tweet @OKFN <http://twitter.com/okfn> | Tweet
> @kat_braybrooke <http://twitter.com/kat_braybrooke>
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a happy note to say, just on the basis of people that have responded
>> to me personally, we have representation from at least 35+ countries. I
>> haven't even combed the registration list and it may actually be hard to
>> work out as people have not given their nationalities there (NOTE: possibly
>> would be a nice thing to ask for during registration next time.)
>>
>> So far, all being well, we will have representation from:
>>
>> * Albania
>> * Australia
>> * Austria
>> * Brazil
>> * Bulgaria
>> * Canada
>> * Chile
>> * Czech Republic
>> * Estonia
>> * Finland
>> * France
>> * Germany
>> * Greece
>> * Hungary
>> * Iceland
>> * India
>> * Ireland
>> * Italy
>> * Kenya
>> * Latvia
>> * Lithuania
>> * Luxembourg
>> (* Montenegro - just got an email from people possibly attending)
>> * Netherlands
>> * Poland
>> * Portugal
>> * Slovakia
>> * Slovenia
>> * South Africa
>> * Spain
>> * Switzerland
>> * Taiwan
>> * Ukraine
>> * Uruguay
>> * United Kingdom
>> * United States
>>
>> If you know someone planning on coming from a country which is not listed
>> here, please do let us know! It would be great to compile a rough list...
>>
>> In addition, thinking forward to future years, it would be great to
>> identify key contacts in places which do not currently feature on this list,
>> so we can make contact and make sure they come along! If you know people we
>> should reach out to - it would be great if you could cc us an introduction.
>>
>> Go Global!
>>
>> Lucy
>>

>> --
>> Lucy Chambers