[drn-cam-discuss] Reminder (TOMORROW): Next Cambridge Copynight: Thursday 7th September 2006, 7pm

peter murray-rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 06:58:25 UTC 2006

At 16:55 06/09/2006, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow evening. Note that CB2 do
>pretty good food and that you can always eat at the same time as chat.

I'm looking forward to it - have to leave by 8. I shall be interested
in blogging some of the ideas and activities in case they can inform
science. For example the struggles with the ACS over chemical
information is quite similar to the liberation of map data.

I am also overwhelmed by Placeopedia - what a clever and simple idea.
What sort of effort is involved in a mashup like that? Is it harder
than it looks (I find I am constantly fighting the glueware - always
90% finished but it is the little things that hold you back).

P.