[ok-london-announce] Open Data Consultations & Policy Workshop

Javier Ruiz Diaz javier at openrightsgroup.org
Fri Sep 30 17:12:51 UTC 2011

Dear all

just a reminder that we are doing a workshop on Monday afternoon at the same place as the London gathering that evening.

Open Data Consultations & Policy Workshop
Monday, October 3, 2011 from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom

The government has recently launched two parallel consultations on policies that will shape the future of Open Data in UK:
- Making Open Data Real
- Public Data Corporation
We invite data developers, users, civil society groups to discuss the implications. The event will have an open space format, with intros to the topics and breaking up in smaller groups. We want to propose 3 sessions around aspects of the consultations, but obviously participants may have more ideas on the day:
- Privacy, ICO, FOIA, legislation and governance (Caldicott guardians,
sector transparency boards...)
- Public services, privatisation and involvement of civil society
- PDC, pricing models and the open data ecosystem

This is a very important moment for the future of Open Data in UK. The forthcoming EU review of PSI law looks set to establish the principle of free open data in direct contradiction with the Public Data Corporation, but will it be too late?
Centre for Creative Collaboration
16 Acton Street
King's Cross
WC1X 9NG London
United Kingdom
Monday, October 3, 2011 from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (GMT)

REGISTER HERE http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2119085241