[ok-edinburgh] snips

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun Apr 18 21:58:17 UTC 2010

dear Paola, great, I'll look forward to hearing more about your work.

On 18/04/2010 13:16, Paola Di Maio wrote:
> I have put myself down for a 5-10 mins slot, generally manage to go
> through one slide per mnute, so 5 slides ok?
> in order to ensure topic alignment, is there a working definition of
> Open K from this group, or do I use
> the working definition I have used so far in my own research?
> look forward

Right, one Open Knowledge Foundation is http://opendefinition.org -
specifically - http://www.opendefinition.org/okd/
This is essentially a re-write of the Open Source Initiative open source
definition, with general content, data, resources in mind.

As for what Open Knowledge "is" rather than what its properties are,
that's very broad - one tagline of Rufus Pollocks is
"sonnets to statistics, genes to geodata".

A note, that apart from myself the rest of the Edinburgh organising
group are not hardcore OKF types and I certainly don't speak for everyone!

Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks,

jo