[ok-scotland] Fwd: first board meeting?

Andres Guadamuz a.guadamuz at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 16:11:08 UTC 2010

Can I go on record and state that I find Paola's attitude towards OKFN
completely counter-productive? Is it normal for you to antagonise people
when you want them to do something for you?

There is no such thing as OK-Scotland, as Robin stated, this is just a
mailing list of people in a common geographical area who might want to
organise events together.

Paola seems intent in turning a mailing list into an organisation to
serve her personal needs, there is a lot of confusion of "I" and "we" in
her emails. If you have some funding available, and you need some legal
structure to obtain more funding, the solution is not to hijack an
existing organisation with an excellent track record and a very high
international reputation to do your biding.

Best Regards,

Andres

On 30/06/2010 16:52, Paola Di Maio wrote:

> Jonathan
> thanks a lot for your replies
>
> we are all spread thin, and constantly have fragmentary conversations,
> and what happens between all these cracks that
> is the subject of my research
>
> I am sorry if what I wrote sounds unfair, but probably is the lack of
> information that
> contributes to the confusion, (your confusion, my confusion etc)
>
> as not everyone seems to agree on what ok scotland is, what it should
> be, etc and
> i dont think this should be a private conversation between you jo and I,
> but anyone
> who wants to contribute to forming OKS for whatever reason, including
> getting funded work for example, should be
> able to do so
>
> I am suggesting that anyone interested in the future of OKS should get
> together and decide what
> are our respective needs/desires to maximise involvement
>
> In more detail, to your third point :
>

>     (i) here is OKF governance document, which I have pointed out to you
>     before: http://okfn.org/governance
>

> In our call, you provided many links, including to the governance page,
> after our skype call
> I sent some comments, which I pasted at the bottom of this thread, and
> that I have now linked
> to a pad here
>
> http://okfnpad.org/AQrWuO9B28
>

> In that email I shared my questions and comments about the governance
>   page you sent me,  about the board etcetera but I never received any
> reply!
>
> In that email, I asked you to let me have the details of the forthcoming
> call you had referred to in our conversation
> but I never knew what call it was, when , where , what time, how to take
> part etc
>
> but never mind
>
> I also said please send some summary if relevant to our other issues in hand
>
> I never received a reply
>
> I know you are busy, but the lack of reply is why I have dropped out of
> that loop
>
> (llike you, following dozens of simoultaneous threads)
>

>     more specifically
>

>     (ii) here is Projects Committee, which *anyone* can get involved in
>     and which is charged with OKF strategy, funding, and approval of
>     projects/working groups. If you want to run (and get funding for) a
>     project under the auspices of the OKF, please propose it here:
>     <http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/coord>. If you want to get more involved you
>     are most welcome -- the best way is to start *doing* something (write
>     a piece of code, draft a document, propose/start a working group, host
>     a monthly call on an area of interest, organise a workshop, ...). If
>     you have any problems -- please raise them, e.g. on our okfn-help
>     list, where other folks interested in open knowledge will do their
>     best to help you out! We are still working out how to refine the
> [...]

Andres Guadamuz
SCRIPT Law and Technology Centre
University of Edinburgh
Old College, South Bridge
Edinburgh, EH8 9YL

+44 131 6509699
http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/ahrc

Blog
http://www.technollama.co.uk/

SCRIPTed Journal of Law, Technology and Society
http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/ahrc/script-ed

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.