[ok-scotland] The Warm Spring of Openess

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Sep 13 15:51:33 UTC 2010

dear all,

A plan forms in my mind. I've been in several different conversational
loops about openness-related gatherings in Edinburgh, so far three:

1) Chris Taggart, Ben Plouviez and a scattering of other people want to
do a Linked Open Local Data event here later this year or early next
2) James Toon, Robin Rice and others thinking about maybe a themed
series of "Open Scholarship" workshops
3) FOSS4GG, a free software and geographic themed event focused on local
government / public administrations / NGOs

We could try to do all three back-to-back. James Reid at EDINA is
starting to talk with AGI folk about co-organising FOSS4GG.
I like the Informatics Forum. When do the daffodils bloom?

Potential clashes - government people might be wiped out for N weeks
before the Scottish Parliament elections which are in May, so we would
be looking at March, perhaps too soon for daffodils to be in bloom.

Thoughts much appreciated,

jo