[ok-scotland] Starting a "Scotlands Data" group in CKAN

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed May 4 13:40:17 UTC 2011

This morning at the Data Catalogues meeting in Edinburgh [1] I spoke
to Peter Winstanley (in cc) who works at the Scottish government.

He showed me Scotland's Data [2], a small and relatively new
initiative which includes a preliminary list of key Scottish datasets
and other information assets [3].

We spoke about migrating the list of datasets to CKAN in the first
instance - probably as a group on CKAN.net. Then we could add other
details - e.g. surveying terms of use / licensing, etc.

Does anyone fancy helping with this?

Two options:

  1. Import via the import script. There are around 50 records. Worth
it for this number of items? (David: what do you think?)
  2. Importing each item by hand, coordinated via a Google Doc, where
we add links to CKAN packages as we create them. (Lucy could help with
this if it is a desirable option?)

Any thoughts?

All the best,

Jonathan