[ok-scotland] Open Data Day Edinburgh, Saturday 23rd February

Ewan Klein ewan at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Thu Feb 14 21:18:40 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Edinburgh Open Data Day is barely a week away. And look what people are saying about us [1]:

> Building Community in Edinburgh (and every where)
>
> I love how Edinburgh is focusing on getting people to talk about data, problems and code that can help one another. In many open data day events this is typical – as much time is spent learning, understanding and talking about how we can (and should or shouldn’t) use data to help with local problems. People are trying to figure out what this tool – open data – is and is not helpful for… all while connecting people in the community. Awesomeness.

Come and join the awesomeness! See http://data.inf.ed.ac.uk/joinuped/ for details.

And *please* sign up here: http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/Edinburgh-GB/878412/

All the best,

Ewan

[1] http://eaves.ca/2013/02/13/international-opendataday-now-at-90-cities-and-the-white-house/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.