[ok-scotland] Launch of Edinburgh magazine interested in open issues

Lee Bunce leebunce at postmag.org
Thu Jul 4 15:56:15 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I just wanted to let you all know about the launch of a new Edinburgh
based magazine that some of you might be interested in. Post Magazine is a
non-profit open journalism project dedicated to ‘social and environmental
justice in the digital age’, so we look to mix traditional social justice
issues with environmentalism and what you might call ‘pirate politics’.

We’re launching our first edition tomorrow and we’re having a launch party
tomorrow night at Hemma (175 Holyrood road, towards the parliament) from
7:30pm that is open to all.

I only recently moved back to Edinburgh but I was at the last data meetup
at the Techcube where I met a few of you, and those I spoke to seemed to
be quite interested in the project. We’re very keen to engage more with
people in the open community, partly as a source of things to write about,
partly to try and meet future contributors/collaborators, and partly just
to pick up a few readers!

If you think you might be interested please feel free to come along
tomorrow night or get in touch by email. Otherwise I look forward to
meeting more of you at the next meet-up.

Lee Bunce
Co-editor, Post Magazine
postmag.org