[ok-scotland] Programme Announced for Repository Fringe 2013

Nicola Osborne nicola.osborne at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 25 13:28:36 UTC 2013

There is just one week to go until Repository Fringe 2013, which takes
place in Edinburgh from 31st July 2013 to 2nd August 2013.

You can find out more about the Fringe on the website:
http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/

Registration is still open if you would like to secure your place:
http://rfringe13.eventbrite.com

Programme

We are delighted to announce that we have published our programme filled
with super presentations, round tables and Pecha Kucha. If you would
still like to make a contribution to the programme there is just enough
time for submitting a last minute Pecha Kucha, otherwise we are happy to
receive updates, ideas, etc. as guest blog posts, videos or other
digital materials to be shared on the Repository Fringe website.

Joining online

If you cannot make the event in person but would like to follow on
remotely then please keep an eye on our hashtag #rfringe13 and on the
blog. There will be some live blogging and we have volunteer bloggers
(and welcome more if you'd like to take part) who will share their
reflections throughout the event. We will also be videoing all of the
talks (any taking place in Room 1) and these will be shared online as
quickly as we can after the event.

Developer Challenge

If you have registered for the event and are taking part in the
Developer Challenge do take the time to take a look at our prizes, our
theme for this year, and our rules. If you have indicated that you may
be taking part in the Challenge you will also receive an email shortly
with a few more details from Muriel Mewissen who is coordinating the
Developer Challenge this year.

The Developer Challenge is very deliberately at the heart of the Fringe
this year. We want there to be lots of opportunities to chat and
exchange ideas across the whole event. With that in mine if you would
like to be part of the Developer Challenge but cannot make it along in
person you can still submit your idea/hack online. Take a look at the
Developer Challenge page for more on how to do this. Our dedicated
Challenge hashtag is: #rfringe13dev.

Thank You
We are very much looking forward to seeing some of you in Edinburgh next
week. We think this will be another fantastic Repository Fringe!

- Nicola Osborne (Chair Repository Fringe 2013)  and the Repository
Fringe Organising Team

Key links for Repository Fringe 2013

- Website: http://repositoryfringe.org/
- Programme: http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/programme/
- Essentials for Presenters:
http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2013/07/19/our-essential-guide-for-repofringe-presenters/
- Networking Session - what to bring:
http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2013/07/09/coming-to-repository-fringe/
- Developer Challenge:
http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/developer-challenge/
- Developer Challenge Rules:
http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/developer-challenge/developer-challenge-rules/
- All of our social media links in one place - including our hashtags:
http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/contact/
- Beginners Guide to Social Media:
http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/2013/07/23/beginners-guide-to-repository-fringe-2013-social-media-amplification/
- Connect with us - Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/repofringe13/
- Connect with us - Crowdvine: http://rfringe13.crowdvine.com/
- Connect with us - Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2013/rfringe13/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/repofringe

--
Nicola Osborne
Social Media Officer

EDINA website:
http://www.edina.ac.uk/

t: 0131 651 3873
e: nicola.osborne at ed.ac.uk

a: EDINA, The University of Edinburgh, Causewayside House, 158-162
Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PR

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.