[ok-scotland] Learner Journey Data Jam

Naomi Lillie naomi.lillie at okfn.org
Wed Mar 6 16:48:19 UTC 2013

Hi Devon,

This sounds great! You'd be welcome to submit post a blog piece, if you
would like to share more information about the group organising this event
(good-looking site, by the way).

The Open Knowledge Foundation Blog now has its own submission form to make
it even easier (relevant to others on this list too):
http://blog.okfn.org/submit/

Wishing you all the best in the run-up to this exciting event,
Naomi

On 4 March 2013 09:45, Devon Walshe <devon at techcu.be> wrote:

> Hi everyone, just a quick message to send the word out about an open data
> hack weekend on the 12th - 14th of April. It should be a great event with
> great people, data and ideas so come along. Information below:
>
> ***
>
> Learner Journey Data Jam
>
> April 14th @ TechCube, Edinburgh
>
> This is a call to join us to work on real world problems during our
> weekend long hack on April 12th - 14th.
>
> It is a free collaborative event involving developers, designers,
> learners, practitioners and policy makers aimed at rapidly prototyping new
> ideas.
>
> We are providing some amazing and comprehensive datasets from the
> education sector, including sets of courses, institutions, statistical
> analysis of destinations and options amongst many others.
>
> This is a really good opportunity to show the government what can be done
> when you get amazing people together with amazing data, and this event has
> the potential to actually affect change in how the country is run.
>
> There will be food and drink all weekend and the event is completely free.
>
> If this interests you sign up at:
>
> http://learnerjourneydatajam.eventbrite.com/
>
> You can find out everything else about the event here:
>
> http://learnerjourneydatajam.com/
>
> We are using the hashtag #ljdatajam
>
> Any questions can be directed to myself @ devon at techcu.be or the event
> organiser Lizzie @ lizzie.brotherston at gmail.com
>
> Also we are still on the lookout for interesting datasets so if you have
> any ideas on this front please let us know.
>
> Best,
>
> Devon

Naomi Lillie
Head of Network