[ok-scotland] Copy of the rules, please

David Stafford staffordd at stirling.gov.uk
Wed Aug 13 15:32:28 UTC 2014

Hello

I am just walking out the door, but in brief - yes, it sounds OK.

I am concerned though, about receiving two "friendly emails" that were paper-thinly disguised massive sales pitches - I really object to folk using this forum as a place to troll for fresh customers - it's just wrong.

Any chance you can add in something about keeping commercial advertising out of the forum, and not sending sales pitches direct to other members whose names you have scraped from the list?

You see what I am hoping for, I hope.

Thanks

Dave

>>> Ewan Klein <ewan.klein at gmail.com> 13/08/2014 09:04 >>>
Dear David,

Thanks for raising this issue.

> Could I ask that you send out a reminder of the Group Rules, to the Group, at some point in the near future?  I was not and am not aware of where I can access the rules, and I wanted to read them.  I think it's good to be reminded of the group rules from time to time, anyway.

> Welcome - this is a mailing list for those who want to get involved in building communities around Open Knowledge and Open Data in Scotland as a part of the Open Knowledge Foundation's global network.
>
> It is a friendly place where you can contribute your ideas, announce events, and discuss opportunities for collaboration related to local Scottish Open Knowledge initiatives. Please introduce yourself when you join so we can say hello, and feel free to browse the Archives for past conversations.
>
> There are over 150 people on the list from a wide range of backgrounds including open data, open science, open government, data journalism, industry, and voluntary organisations.

The only restriction that is strictly enforced is that you must be a list member to post messages. However, as a rule of thumb, messages to the list should be posted on topics that are relevant to Open Knowledge Scotland and should be intended to inform and benefit the Open Knowledge community in Scotland. I'd like to encourage more list members to post to the list, of course within these guidelines.

Does that sound OK?

Regards,

Ewan

-------------
Ewan Klein
Open Knowledge Ambassador for Scotland
Skype:  ewan.h.klein |  @ewanhklein
Open Knowledge
http://scot.okfn.org/  |  @okfnscot

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the individual or
organisation to which they are addressed and may be confidential and/or
legally privileged.  If you have received this email in error please
forward it to servicedesk at stirling.gsx.gov.uk and then delete it.
Please check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses
as Stirling Council accepts no liability for any harm caused to the
addressees' systems or data.  Stirling Council may monitor its email system.
Stirling Council accepts no liability for personal emails.