[ok-scotland] Missing Maps Glasgow #1 - Thu 9th April

Duncan Bain duncan.bain at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:19:56 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm pleased to invite you to Glasgow's first Missing Maps
<http://www.missingmaps.org/> event on Thursday 9th August, starting at
6.30pm at the Project Cafe <http://theprojectcafe.weebly.com/> on Renfrew
Street.

The Missing Maps <http://www.missingmaps.org/> project helps the Médecins
Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) and the Red Cross by creating
maps of vulnerable places, providing a vital resource for their
on-the-ground staff as well as local people.

Missing Maps mapathons are open to everyone. You can come and learn how to
create maps and contribute to a global mapping project, OpenStreetMap
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap>. All you need is a laptop,
some spare time and enthusiasm, and you can take part in humanitarian work
from Glasgow. At our first Missing Maps event in Glasgow people will be on
hand to help you learn how to map at your own pace. If you want to know
more about how you can prepare for a mapathon, this guide
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Missing_Maps_Mapathons_-_before_the_event>
gives some tips.

The venue is limited to around 30 people, so please us this Eventbrite link
<http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/missing-maps-glasgow-tickets-16322255305> to
register your place for the night, as well as this Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/384909131691878/> to share with others.

Anyone with experience of editing OpenStreetMap and who would be happy to
help newcomers would be particularly welcome in joining for the evening.

If you have any questions, please let me know, and I look forward to
hopefully seeing some of you there.

Best,
Duncan