[ok-scotland] Edinburgh Tourism Innovation Challenge

Nicole Quan nicole at productforge.io
Mon Sep 25 14:41:28 UTC 2017

Hi William,

I appreciate the question.
Our hackathons are not exclusively about solving a problem as such, but
also serve as an excellent learning opportunity, as well as networking
event. We offer access to the venue for the full 72 hours, with a
significant amount of guidance to participants resulting in a richer
experience with the hope that participants will take their prototype beyond
the event.

We offer generous student concessions, and no charge to those who mentor,
if you fall into either of these categories.

I do hope you'll consider attending.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

All the best,

On 25 September 2017 at 15:03, William Waites <ww at eris.okfn.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 02:10:15PM +0100, Nicole Quan wrote:
> >
> > We're running a hackathon in just under two weeks at CodeBase on Tourism
> in
> > Edinburgh in partnership with The Data Lab, Scottish Enterprise and
> > Edinburgh Tourism Action Group, to help solve challenges faced in the
> > Tourism Industry here in Edinburgh.
>
> Ok, just to check that I understand. Your web page says that "Edinburgh's
> tourism industry is a powerhouse... delivering 1.3 billion in spend..." and
> you would like us to pay 25 quid for ten free meals to solve its problems
> for it?
>
> Just askin'...

[image: Product Forge]
Nicole Quan