[ok-scotland] Scottish Linked Data Workshop
Gray, Alasdair J G
A.J.G.Gray at hw.ac.uk
Fri May 11 08:35:24 UTC 2018
The 6th Scottish Linked Data Interest Group Workshop (SLiDInG6) will be hosted by the Heriot-Watt University Semantic Web Lab (SWeL) in Edinburgh. The event is sponsored by the SICSA Data Science theme.
Date: Tuesday 29 May 2018
Time: 10:00 – 16:30
Venue: Room 2.33, Earl Mountbatten Building, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
SLiDInG6 aims to bring together organisations from industry, government and academia from around Scotland to share different perspectives around Linked Data, and to inform participants of current research on Linked Data and its uptake in industry and government.
We plan to have flash talks to highlight current areas of activity and deployment of Semantic Web technologies. We then plan to have discussion groups focusing on:
• What are the killer apps of the Semantic Web?
• What are the challenges from industry and government?
• Where are the synergies in Semantic Web research in Scotland?
• Can we identify projects to push forward for funding?
We hope that the outcome will be the identification of future collaborations and projects that will be developed after the event.
For more details and to register for the event, please visit
Alasdair J G Gray
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Assistant Professor in Computer Science,
School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
(Athena SWAN Bronze Award)
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh UK.
Email: A.J.G.Gray at hw.ac.uk<mailto:A.J.G.Gray at hw.ac.uk>
Office: Earl Mountbatten Building 1.39
Heriot-Watt University is The Times & The Sunday Times International University of the Year 2018
Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt is a leader in ideas and solutions. With campuses and students across the entire globe we span the world, delivering innovation and educational excellence in business, engineering, design and the physical, social and life sciences.
This email is generated from the Heriot-Watt University Group, which includes:
1. Heriot-Watt University, a Scottish charity registered under number SC000278
2. Edinburgh Business School a Charity Registered in Scotland, SC026900. Edinburgh Business School is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland with registered number SC173556 and registered office at Heriot-Watt University Finance Office, Riccarton, Currie, Midlothian, EH14 4AS
3. Heriot- Watt Services Limited (Oriam), Scotland's national performance centre for sport. Heriot-Watt Services Limited is a private limited company registered is Scotland with registered number SC271030 and registered office at Research & Enterprise Services Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS.
The contents (including any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete it (including any attachments) from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ok-scotland