[okcon-2008] OKCon 2008 Post-Event Information and Open Knowledge Local Groups

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Apr 2 22:01:04 BST 2008

Hi,

First many thanks to all of you who came to speak, present and
participate at OKCon 2008! We had a great day and very much enjoyed the
talks, demos and conversations that took place throughout the day.

### Post-Event Information

We’re pleased to announce that audio, images and slides from OKCon 2008
are now available at the Post-Event Information page:

   http://okfn.org/okcon/2008/after

If you’ve blogged the event or have pictures or the like, please let us
know and we’ll link to it. We are also able to host any further
documentation in our repository.

### Open Knowledge Local Groups

We’ve now set up a wiki page for local Open Knowledge groups - to
arrange meetups, forums and other activities:

   http://okfn.org/wiki/LocalGroups/

In addition to the Cambridge group, which has been around for a few
years, we are in the process of creating groups in London and Oxford. If
you’d like to get involved in any of these, or you’d like to set up your
own local group - don’t hesitate to get in touch!

### Get Involved

If you'd like to get involved in any of the OKF's projects or
activities, please see our participate page:

   http://okfn.org/participate

Our projects rely on volunteers for their development - from CKAN and
KForge to Open Shakespeare, Open Economics and Open Text Book. Whether
you're interested in research, communications or technical work, whether
you have a few minutes or a few hours to spare, we'd love to hear from you!

### Support the Open Knowledge Foundation

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation. All our
services and software are provided openly and for free. Running and
developing projects costs both time and money (for example, our hosting
costs alone run to around a €1000 (£700/$1500) a year). Your support
helps the Foundation to continue and expand its work. For more
information, please see:

   http://okfn.org/support/

We hope to see many of you next year - if not before!

Regards,

Jonathan Gray
The Open Knowledge Foundation