[OKCon-Programme] Tomorrow: OKCon Programme Committee meeting at 6pm CET

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 22:35:24 BST 2011

Hi,

> *Why not Skype?*
> Skype is a non-free piece of software that uses a secret
> and proprietary protocol for making phone calls between
> its users. The phone network is therefore owned and controlled
> by one company.

While I appreciate the intent of the above, I really couldn't care less that Skype is a non-free (non-libré) software with a "secret and proprietary protocol owned and controlled by one company." I don't intend to start a philosophical discussion here, but Skype would have been the easiest for me. As is, the conf. calling is a bit too complicated for my tastes. I will be happy to contribute via the Etherpad, but I will not be able to call in using either a pay or a free (SIP) service.

Puneet.