[OKCon-Programme] Using correct titles, times and dates: [Was "Tomorrow: OKCon Programme Committee meeting at 6pm CET"]

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 16:40:54 BST 2011

If the subject changes can you please change the title. I cancelled a
meeting today because the mail read
"Tomorrow: OKCon Programme Committee meeting at 6pm CET" and I though it was
today instead of the called one yesterday. This discussion is now about
Skype, not a meeting time

Please do NOT use titles with words like "Tomorrow", "Tuesday"  or "6pm".
If there are dateTimes in the title it should be
"OKCon meeting at 1800 UTC 2011-04-19". The use of CET confused many people
who thought it was CEST and most people arrived an hour early. The use of
"tomorrow" mean I thought the meeting had been rescheduled.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics