[OKCon-Programme] Length of talks at OKCon

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue May 3 09:54:30 BST 2011

On 2 May 2011 16:14, Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> I like to disagree. We can not have that short talks for all presentations, Lets have different formats!
>
> We discussed this issue today at the programme committee meeting and came up with
>
> 3 to 5 min lightning talk
>
> 15 min short talk or demo
>
> keynote 15 to 30 min + 15 Q&A (30 - 45)
>
> main track presentation 30 min + 15 Q&A (45)

How many main track presentations are we estimating?

30m + 15m Q&A is quite a long time and longer than for most main track
items at most events I've been to :-)

I also wonder about session length. It's hard to have sessions much
longer than 1-1.5h (unless you expect people to move in and out of
sessions while they are going on which is quite disruptive). If talks
are 45m that means you get 2 max per session.

Rufus