[OKCon-Programme] Length of talks at OKCon

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Tue May 3 15:58:57 BST 2011

Ok - lets try to keep most talks short

15 - 20 min + x 5 - 10 min QA = 20 to 30 min.

in addition we have

- 3 to 5 min lightning talk
- longer talks & keynote 30 to 45 min + 15 Q&A (45 - 60)

Finally I think we have to look for the context and the content. But I agree we can try to keep most talks short  - but not all.

I also think the Programme Committee should judge the submissions so we can communicate with the authors about the time they will have. Finally I think we should have one person per room to look for strict time management. Because if we have a lot of short talks it's really important that they are timely - otherwise schedule get's messed up.

Daniel