[okfn-advisory] critique of OKCon

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Jul 6 06:47:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 5:09 AM, Nathan Torkington <nathan at torkington.com> wrote:
> Sounds like an interesting track for the next OKCon, to be honest.

As background: I invited him to speak at this year's OKCon in the hope
that he'd have some thoughtful discussions with various people - so
that they'd take on board his "not a panacea" comments (obvious to me,
but nevertheless useful), but also so that he'd get a richer
impression of more of the open data community, and how they aren't the
techno-determinist, naive, sitting duck, cardboard cutout he portrays
them to be. Apparently latter didn't work - and he's only reinforced
his views. ;-)

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator