[okfn-advisory] Open Knowledge and Reset the Net

glyn moody glyn.moody at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:21:26 UTC 2014

I feel strongly that you should support Reset the Net in particular,
and similar moves in general.

Open knowledge is negated by a Net that is subject to almost total
surveillance - and we are already close that point. A Net where people
are free to share without constantly looking over their shoulder is an
essential pre-requisite for everything that Open Knowledge is trying
to achieve.  Refusing to join the efforts to rein in surveillance
would be not just blinkered and short-sighted, but ultimately
self-destructive.