[okfn-advisory] Open Knowledge brand and website

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu May 8 22:18:45 UTC 2014

I have already expressed my views that the tag line gives a misleading idea
of what the OKF already is and does. I'd prefer a line something like:

"A community to make knowledge open and useful"

I am not keen on "data" - we are only very peripherally a data organisation
- our *community* is much more important, approaches to GLAM, the practice
of open science, bottom-up democracy, advocacy, etc.

And I also commented that it would have been appropriate to consult the
advisory council *before* rebranding - as it is we look like an unnecessary
appendage - there's a new logo , and new name, a new tagline - and we have
little role other than to legitimise them - it doesn't seem we can do
anything else.

P.

Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics