[okfn-advisory] Open Knowledge International Advisory Council - reaching out

Martin Kaltenböck martin.kaltenboeck at semantic-web.com
Sun Feb 25 11:55:44 UTC 2018

Dear Naomi, all

also follow the lines given by Peter below, and I also miss an annual OKCon
in London, Warsaw or Geneva or wherever it took / will take place...as a
meeting place for the community, for friends and like-minded, for knowledge
exchange and discussions on regional trends and developments, to learn and
to teach (provide best practise), discuss technologies and start new
projects - and always a travel back home with a pocket full of new ideas
and inspirations as well as a broader network of great contacts ....
Although other formats tried to cover this (ODI Summit or Euroean Data
Forum come to my mind) this was never the same....

2 questions coming to my mind:

A) where is OKI at the moment where should it go to; for me (also being
involved in the OK AT chapter that is still active but also lost ground in
recent years, as well as other OD initiatives as ODI Vienna or OpenScience
strategies and open data research projects and still the OD initiatives of
City of Vienna and the Austrian Gov):

For me OKFN was always standing for (focused on) the societal challenges /
part of the Open Data & the Open Knowledge idea
Is this still the focus and vision? Is this what OKI stands for?

B) how can the Advisory Council help / be involved and in which formats?
Usually a board is invited to review: vision - strategy - projects -
organisational development - sometimes even finances with at least an
annual meeting and e.g. quarterly calls...
What is the idea here for the future?

Happy to get on a call to learn and discuss togeter and provide support
where useful and feasible (in reards to expertise and time)!
Best regards from sunny but cold Vienna - Martin

Download now
<https://www.poolparty.biz/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/IDCPaper_DataIntegrationwithSemanticTechnologies.pdf>
IDC Technology Spotlight
Get certified! <https://www.poolparty.biz/academy/> PoolParty Academy

*Martin Kaltenböck*
Managing Director & CFO
Semantic Web Company GmbH

EU: +43-14021235
US: (415) 800-3776
https://www.poolparty.biz
https://www.semantic-web.com

*PoolParty selected as a KMWorld Trend-Setting Product for 2017*