[OKFN - Austria] Hacking wheelchairs: mobility makeathon 19.-20. February at Happylab Vienna

Martin Kaltenböck m.kaltenboeck at semantic-web.at
Mi Jan 27 14:33:27 UTC 2016

Liebe Leute, dear all,

Please find German and English information about a Hackday in Vienna that
is supported by OK.AT (Austrian chapter of OK) in February...please feel
free to spread the word & participate - best - Martin

----------

​B
logartikel in deutscher Sprache zum Hackathon
​ am 19-20 Februar​
:

http://okfn.at/2016/01/27/rollstuehle-hacken-mobility-makeathon-am-19-20-februar-im-happylab/

​...und in Folge die Info in EN Sprache - bitte weiterleiten bzw.
teilnehmen!!!

Liebe Leute,

Ich lade euch im Namen der Open Knowledge ganz herzlich ein, mit uns
anderthalb Tage lang Rollstühle zu hacken.

*Mobility Makeathon*
*#HackOnWheels*

*19. - 20. February at Happylab Vienna*

register now: mobility-makeathon.beetwo.at

—

If you’re interested in *digital manufacturing* or want to *hack
wheelchairs*: We need you!
Participate in the Mobility Makeathon #HackOnWheels!

*Friday, 19. Feb, 16:00 - 19:00 *
*Saturday, 20. Feb, 10:00 - 19:00 *
*at *Happylab Vienna <http://www.happylab.at/kontakt/>

It’s been done for bionic limbs, now why not for wheelchairs? During one
and a half days of creative collaboration we will explore how digital
manufacturing techniques (e.g. 3d printing, C&C milling, laser cutting)
could revolutionize wheelchair design and transform the lives of the 65
million people worldwide who use them.  All our results will be published
under an *open license*.

Your collaborators  will act as mentors, provide input and help out with
projects, among them *Peter Purgathofer* (TU Wien), *Stefan Kasberger* (Open
Knowledge Austria) and *Rachael Wallach* (director of a leading disability
organization). The event is hosted by* Erste Hub, BeeTwo* and *Factline*,
in cooperation with *Open Knowledge Austria* and *Happylab*.

*Tickets are 100% free*. *We’ll provide the infrastructure as well as
materials* to create prototypes and models. We’ll also take care of *food
and drinks! *

sonja.fischbauer at gmail.com
sonjafischbauer.com