[OKFN - Austria] Conference Design & The City 19-22 April 2016 Amsterdam

Ellis Buis ellisincultuurland at gmail.com
Mi Mär 2 23:33:18 UTC 2016

Dear Madam, Sir,

I would like to introduce to you the inspiring conference Design & The
City, which will be held in Amsterdam from 19 until 22 April.

In 2016, the year of Dutch EU chairmanship, the Amsterdam University of
Applied Sciences and the Knowledge Mile, organise an innovative programme:
the four-days conference Design & The City is one of the main events.
Martijn de Waal, renown ‎Researcher Urban Media & Citizen Empowerment at
Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool van Amsterdam), is
chief producer of this event.

Design & The City explores citizen-centered design approaches for the smart
city. Central theme is the role of design(ers) to create opportunities and
practices for citizens, (social) entrepreneurs and policy makers towards
more liveable, sustainable and sociable urban futures. How can citizens
meaningfully be engaged in the process of city making? What new social
processes and business models do we need for the future of city making? And
in what way changes the role of the professional in the process of city
making, and which new design methodologies, approaches and roles they have
taken on towards the creation of a sociable smart city.

You have such wonderful acces to readers who could be interested in the
subject of Design & The City. That is why I was wondering if it would be
possible to announce Design & The City to your followers?

Attached you will find the factsheet I have written as an introduction to
this event. Of course much more can be told. Some of it can be found at
designandthecity.eu, other information I can send if you let me know what
kind of texts you need (for example interviews with key note speakers,
images, information about the 14 workshops and 5 Lab of Labs).

I hope you would be so kind to take Design & The City into account to pass
through to your readers. Of course I will be happy to mail or call to give
more information.

Yours sincerely,

Ellis Buis
PR Design & The City