[OKFN-AU] 'Beyond Elections' free screening

Helen Cox helen.p.cox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 07:41:30 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Real Democracy Australia is hosting a free screening and discussion of
'Beyond Elections' (2008) at Long Play cinema (North Fitzroy, Melbourne) on
Tuesday the 23rd of July. The film features some fascinating case studies
of participatory democracy in Latin America and asks one of the most
important questions of our time: what is democracy? Please book tickets if
you are intending on attending (tickets are free):

http://realdemocracyaustralia.org/2013/06/28/beyond-elections-screening/

Real Democracy Australia are also hosting a Democracy Action Convergence
and debate on Saturday the 17th of August at Melbourne Town Hall. Please
share this invite and book tickets for one or both events for the 17th-
please note the day event has a charge of $20 for online bookings or $25 on
the day to cover our expenses.

http://realdemocracyaustralia.org/2013/06/27/australian-democracy-is-broken-and-needs-fixing/

The day will bring together Victorian and interstate change-makers who want
to share information on projects that are contributing to the rapidly
evolving democratic landscape of Australia. We reckon its high time
ordinary Australians had a fair say in the decisions that affect them, so
lets share ideas and strengthen this network of likeminded people who think
the same.

If you would like more information, please visit our website or email us
real.democracy.australia at gmail.com

Kind regards,

Helen Cox (for Real Democracy Australia)