[@OKFNau] Opening state and local government budgetary data

Paul Walsh paulywalsh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 08:14:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

I’ve developed a platform for the storage and comparative analysis of budgetary data over time and across “entities”. Our project still needs work in many areas, but, it is currently working with municipal data in Israel.

I won’t reproduce all the details here, but you can read my post here for further information:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openaustralia-dev/O7B8PyNOtEc

Or, fi you are a developer, you can see the code and documentation here:

https://github.com/prjts/openbudgets

I want to setup a proof of concept with Australian data.

I am *not* interested in the Federal budget. I am interested in state and local government budgets.

I am finding it difficult to get detailed budget data. If anyone has any particular knowledge in this area, and would like to promote local and state government transparency in Australia, please contact me.

Best,

Paul Walsh