[@OKFNau] Central ckan or other repository for Aus data?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 00:48:51 UTC 2014

Awesome. So maybe let's flesh out the use cases. What problems does this
solve?

1. Data from government but improved by the community
2. Data generated outside government, but broadly useful

3.
I wonder if we could also use this approach to solve another problem I'm
starting to notice, which is: Data that belongs together, but is split
across different levels of government, different jurisdictions, agencies
etc.
For example:
- a health data portal
- an environmental data portal
- a bike data portal (eg, data from VicRoads, other states, local councils,
OpenStreetMap extracts, community generated [subjective] data)...

IMHO, it will be easier to encourage reuse of data if we can point people
to "healthdata.org.au" rather than "there's some stuff on data.vic.gov.au,
some on data.gov.au, also check out the council websites of X, Y and Z...".

(If this is too tangential, please ignore. :))

Steve