[@OKFNau] Central ckan or other repository for Aus data?

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir maxious at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 02:52:29 UTC 2014

+1 for bolting search based curation on to GovPond. Is it on Github? ;)

I downloaded the GovPond JSON and it looks like what you need to store
metadata in a common way; CKAN scented JSON but references back to
original portals as first class elements.
There's these data sources like OSM/Strava outside of the government
open data portals that you would want to highlight in the context of a
particular theme that would need to be "tipped in" for that theme.

I would note with the data.gov.au Metadata Mapping
https://data.gov.au/dataset/data-gov-au-metadata-and-other-schemas and
other common metadata standards around, there's plenty of tagging of
temporal/spatial coverage in various .au data portals (so 19th Century
theme or Sydney theme possible)