[@OKFNau] Open food data projects -- regular coding afternoon

Alex Bayley skud at growstuff.org
Wed Nov 12 00:26:08 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As I've mentioned here before, Growstuff (http://growstuff.org/) is an
open data project around food data, based out of Melbourne (ok well
Ballarat, but lots of our developers are in Melbourne).

We hold a regular get-together in Melbourne called Hackstuff which is a
friendly coding afternoon for Growstuff and friends, to work on whatever
projects we like (but mostly Growstuff, and/or other Ruby on Rails
projects).  We are very beginner-friendly and happy to teach new
developers or provide any assistance/mentoring needed for people to work
with our open data and API.  We've also invited some other
Melbourne-based open food projects to join us (3000 Acres and Open Food
Network) and we're hoping that over time, Hackstuff will turn into a
regular gathering for people working on related projects.

The next Hackstuff event is on November 30th at the Library at the Dock.

Official announcement:
http://talk.growstuff.org/t/melbourne-hackstuff-nov-30th-2014/133/3
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/589663464512266/ (for
sharing etc)

I'd love to see some OKFN folks there to support a local open data
project.  Please join us :)

A.

--
Alex "Skud" Bayley