[@OKFNau] Code for America Summit - Sep 23-25 - San Francisco, Webcast, Pre-Conf Networking

Steven Clift clift at e-democracy.org
Mon Sep 8 16:29:09 UTC 2014

Code for America is putting together one of the world's signature open
government and civic technology conferences:

      http://bit.ly/cfasummit2014

If you are considering attending, I encourage you to do so. Tickets
are still available.

During the event, catch the buzz on Twitter #cfasummit:
     http://bit.ly/cfasummittwitter

Since many of you are oceans away, they do have an awesome free
archive of 62 speeches from 2013 here:
     http://bit.ly/cfasummit2013video
     http://bit.ly/cfasummit2013videobyviews (most popular)

They will also live webcast their main stage speeches during waking
hours from the Americas to East Asia and the Australia/New Zealand (IF
you get up early and remember to add a day when you put on your
calendar).

Webcast time zone converted (starts 2:30 pm Pacific time, Tue Sept 23.
then 1:30 pm day two and three):
http://bit.ly/cfawebcastday1worldtime
http://bit.ly/cfawebcastday2worldtime
http://bit.ly/cfawebcastday3worldtime

Their agenda includes a number of great speeches, some snappy "ignite"
presentations, and ample time for "unconference" style sessions.

I'll definitely be participating with Tom Steinberg from mySociety and
Chia-liang Kao of g0v.tw in an unconference session on re-usable civic
tech components ( http://Poplus.org ).

* Bonus Pre-event Networking Gathering

For my Democracies Online Newswire and Open Government and Civic
Technology Facebook Group members, invite you to RSVP for an informal
networking lunch at Noon on Tuesday, September 23 somewhere near the
conference location.

RSVP here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/794135137294265/

More

During the conference, if you'd like to connect with me one on one to
explore opportunities and big ideas with civic tech, I am adding new
and interesting projects to my consulting mix through E-Democracy or
directly. See: https://www.linkedin.com/in/netclift
http://e-democracy.org/services

Join the Democracies Online Newswire from:
http://dowire.org

Be the 2000th member of the Open Government and Civic Technology Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup/

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
  Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.org
  Twitter: http://twitter.com/democracy