[@OKau] what is the acronym for this org?

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Mon Apr 6 01:31:17 UTC 2015

Hi Cobi,

I'd have to take that question on notice to check with the folks who set it
all up, but my common sense understanding is that setting up an
incorporated association is a lot easier for something that doesn't yet
have formal memberships or operational rules.

Incorporated bodies can change to become co-operatives provided they meet
the registration requirements, so I expect that the current status of the
association does not need to be set in stone.

If you wanted to prepare a blog post on the pros and cons then that sounds
great to me :)

The info is in summary here:
http://www.lawhandbook.org.au/handbook/ch11s03s03.php

Cheers,