[@OKau] "High value" datasets

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Wed Apr 15 02:20:44 UTC 2015

One other measure of value I didn't see in the EU report is comparability
(perhaps that would fall under transparency). The best example is the open
data index:

Global: http://index.okfn.org/

Australian Region: http://australia.census.okfn.org/

Australian Cities: http://au-city.census.okfn.org/

The value is not measured by any single dataset release, but the combined
value of having all datasets available within a topic area so that
comparisons can be made.

Publishing under commons standards in such a situation has great value,
which is where W3C efforts are heading. You can read the data on the web
best practices draft here: http://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp-ucr/

Cheers,
Steven

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|