[@OKau] Meet the data owners: VicRoads (write-up)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 10:18:58 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Rosie Williams <budgetaus at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I really like the blog post. I just wish I had the energy to go exploring
> some of those datasets. Must ration myself unfortunately. Giving truckies
> an app that can stop them running into bridges ought to save everyone a lot
> of money?

Thanks :) Yeah the issue they're grappling with is that the bridge height
dataset is incomplete, and they're not sure about liabilities if someone
developed an app that had the wrong (or no) height limit on a bridge, and
there was a collision.

I did a quick vis of the speedzones dataset a while ago:
http://emscycletours.site44.com/dataguru/speedzones.html
What's great is it's the whole state, not just Vicroads-managed roads.

Steve