[@OKau] Meet the data owners: VicRoads (write-up)

Rosie Williams budgetaus at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 18 20:50:14 UTC 2015

Hi Steve,
Interesting. I wonder if there is any published writing on the types of liability risks that government agencies (or others releasing open data) face? I assume this is part of any risk analysis performed prior to releasing data sets but I don't recall seeing anything written about it anywhere.
On a side note, I did meet the guy who runs the business that collects the data that is sold to Roads and Maritime NSW at a social meetup over xmas. From memory, I'm referring to data that is collected or generated by the control centre that controls traffic lights in NSW (not my area of specialty obviously). I'd need to check to be more specific as this was months ago. Are the data collectors in Vic involved and would it be worth someone such as yourself following them up in other states?
Rosie Williams BA (Sociology)________________________________________

 NoFibs.com.au - Open Data Reporter InfoAus.net - Founder and Developer