[@OKFNau] Central ckan or other repository for Aus data?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:48:26 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Rosie Williams <budgetaus at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Not sure whether to assume people are familiar with the Australian
> National Data Service database or not. http://researchdata.ands.org.au/
>

> The ANDS database is on Git at
> https://github.com/au-research/ANDS-Registry-Core/tree/master

Belated reply. I used to work for ANDS (until end of 2011). They
(particularly Monika Omodei) have worked with ARC and NHMRC to import all
grants information into RDA as "activities". When I last spoke to Monika
(October last year) she was in the process of repeating and improving that
import.

> I was looking for federal and state agency grants data recently and found
> that while it is good to have more data in one spot, even though there are
> many ways to search for data on such a repository I found it difficult to
> filter out the results that I was not interested in.
>
> Fortunately for my specific purpose, grants.gov.au should provide all
> this data in one spot.
> http://www.finance.gov.au/resource-management/grants/ (see foot of page).

Checking that you're also aware of
https://github.com/HealthHackAu/HealthHack2014/wiki/VizMyGrant, a project
from last year's HealthHack. Seems to have improved a lot since then:
https://peaceful-lake-8705.herokuapp.com/

Steve