[@OKau] [@OKFNau] business case for open data projects

Matthew Cengia mattcen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 04:36:07 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-27 15:27, Steve Bennett wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Rosie Williams <budgetaus at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I do hope that organisers of open data/knowledge related events provide
> > transcripts/audio archive for the purposes of sharing the knowledge-
> > otherwise it isn't very 'open'!
[...]
> So let's go easy on criticising members of the open community if we fail to
> communicate everything we do to the greatest possible extent. Encouragement
> and support are always welcome of course.

I agree with Steve.

At the end of the day, most or all of us are volunteers, and we at OK
Melbourne have really stepped up our game over the past 5 months with
just *running* weekly events, let alone publishing videos of them
online; it really is quite a bit of work.

I'd love nothing more than to be able to publish all our meetings as
video and text under a CC license all over the 'net, but I work
full-time and have 4 distinct volunteer positions, only one of which is
Open Knowledge. We're doing our best.

--
Regards,
Matthew Cengia