[@OKau] Registrations are going strong - but lets get MOAR :)

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Fri May 1 04:23:13 UTC 2015

Hiya everyone,

The Canberra OKAU event on the 13th of May is getting good registrations so
far - 38 peeps as of a few minutes ago.

*Just added to the list of speakers are:*
Brendan Bouffler: Scientific Computing, Amazon Web Services
Maree Adshead: CEO, Open Data Institute Queensland

*The link for tickets and details is:*
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/open-data-and-digital-services-foundations-for-a-new-information-economy-tickets-16689925015

We have secured AWS to cover the room booking and catering, so that wont be
coming out of any OKAU funds - big thanks to AWS for helping! We have a few
more costs to cover but now that some are squared away we are keen to
promote the event more and get the numbers up to capacity - that is 120.

Please help promote the event and let people know about it. If you have
plans to come to Canberra soon, then plan around that day :) It would be
fantastic to see a strong contingent of people from the surrounding region
come along.

One more thing!  Even if people can't make it, we'll be doing everything we
can to stream the sessions to provide wider access. So, email the link
through to contacts, networks, friends and all. Doing so will at least help
to build awareness of OKAU and over the long term that will help everyone.

Hoots!

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au