[@OKau] opensourced tech specs

Rosie Williams budgetaus at hotmail.com
Wed May 20 01:40:29 UTC 2015

Thanks Noon,
I'm a little confused about the various functionality of github. I was hoping I could create & maintain a working document the same way I could with code- which would make it an agile document. Clearly I was confusing wiki functionality with code repository functionality. Hmm.
Wiki's allow for transparent discussion although I see no talk pages available on the Github wiki.
I like the issues feature but that doesn't really get added into a working document, does it?
I think the general public is going to understand a wiki more so than an issue tracker but don't count that as a decision on my part, I'm just trying to think through the pros and cons of whatever options may be available.
I suppose I could do all the requirements gathering during a set time frame, do up a spec myself and then develop that and then do another round of requirements gathering later and so on and so forth rather than continuously gather requirements.
Or I could continuously gather requirements but only implement a set of them at a time so that I'm working off a particular version of the spec but the suggestions can keep coming in. I'm treating bug fixes separately to feature requests. Bugs obviously need to be fixed immediately so the issue tracker is fine for that although I often use Twitter for that purpose.

Rosie Williams BA (Sociology)________________________________________
 NoFibs.com.au - Open Data Reporter | InfoAus.net - Founder and Developer