[@OKau] How can we fund important Open Source projects?

Paul Walsh paulywalsh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 04:22:51 UTC 2015

Hi Rosie,

As Steven pointed out, the discussion forums would be the best place for engaging with OKI staff on some of these questions.

As Technical Lead at OKI, I can answer that there is no hard and fast rule for how these things work - different projects have different needs, and most of our projects have a much stronger focus on non-technical means and goals than CKAN (as CKAN is basically a generic platform for data management).

Open source projects, which in most cases are the technical output of a broader idea of a “project” at OKI, will simply keep going as long as they have stakeholder interest, which is pretty consistent with the open source ecosystem in general.

Best,

Paul