[@OKau] IODC report and open data index

Rosie Williams budgetaus at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 07:52:46 UTC 2015

Thanks Steven,
So if all Australian spending data was open and in appropriate formats then all the icons for Australia would be green?
I find the concept of evaluation performance over an unknown and moving list to be problematic.
Furthermore, I suspect this might be a problem with expectations people have of open data, particularly under policies that declare data should be open by default.
I think it is problematic to define what all data should be open when I am not sure there is a definable list of data-sets that can be used as a basis for measuring.
Also the tenders data seems to have been reported under government spending instead of procurement. I'm guessing government spending might be grants if there is a separate section for procurement?

Rosie Williams BA (Sociology)________________________________________
 NoFibs.com.au - Open Data Reporter | InfoAus.net - Founder and Developer