[@OKau] Board Meeting 11am AEST

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Fri Jun 17 02:15:23 UTC 2016

Yes, I'm doing my best :) But yes there is plenty of room for improvement.
There has been a general drop off in all national OKAU activity. No
participation in the meetups I was running, so I stopped running them. No
blog posts on au.okfn.org from anyone since the last one I put up after the
Sept 2015 Board meeting (there was one in Dec but I think I was out of the
country... and/or we had to ad lib a bit with Fiona running it without
notice.

The Melbourne meetups remain epic but we aren't seeing the same communities
emerge as strongly elsewhere.

I've had to allocate much more time to the CKAN Association and my clients
this year. That will remain my primary concern for at least another six
months.

I'm very happy for someone to step up and help out as the Secretary or
co-secretary, which is why I was very keen to have four new Board members
join ASAP last year. The newer Board members haven't yet had a good chance
to settle in and contribute, but I'm sure everyone is doing their best
nevertheless.

There is awesome stuff going on everywhere in Australia right now. It is
probably why everyone is so ridiculously busy.

Cheers,
Steven

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au