[@OKau] Defence Trade Controls

Virginia Barbour, Executive Officer, AOASG aoasg.eo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 05:16:49 UTC 2016

I'm sorry - I don't have more information than that
Ginny

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 6:51 AM, Noon Silk <noonslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Ginny,
>
>   Thanks for that; but suppose one doesn't work at an institution? Do you
> have any thoughts on the matter or anything you could point me at?
>
>   For example, we tried completing the little online survey thing [1], and
> found that say doing anything in DSGL Part 2 then making it publically
> available on some website (say GitHub) was allowed; but we couldn't confirm
> this when reading the relevant section in the *actual* document [2].
>

> [1] - https://dsgl.defence.gov.au/Pages/Home.aspx
> [2] -
> http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/dtca2012207/s14a.html
>
> --
> Noon
>

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Executive Officer AOASG <
> aoasg.eo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My suggestion is to contact your institution for advice - either the
>> research office or the research integrity office. They are very aware of
>> the implications of these controls and have been producing specific
>> guidelines for their researchers.
>>
>> Ginny Barbour
>> Executive Office AOASG
>> www.aoasg.org.au
>>
>> On 13 Mar 2016, at 8:59 PM, Noon Silk <noonslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have any thoughts on these?
>>

>> http://www.nteu.org.au/policy/research/defence_trade_controls#Is_my_research_affected?_1
>>

>> --
>> Noon Silk, ن
>>
>> https://silky.github.io/
>>
>> "Every morning when I wake up, I experience an exquisite joy — the joy
>> of being this signature."

> Noon Silk, ن
>
> https://silky.github.io/
>
> "Every morning when I wake up, I experience an exquisite joy — the joy
> of being this signature."

Dr Virginia Barbour
Executive Officer, Australasian Open Access Strategy Group - AOASG
Brisbane, Australia
ORCID : 0000-0002-2358-2440 <http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2358-2440>

*web*: http://aoasg.org.au/
*email:* eo at aoasg.org.au
*twitter*: @openaccess_oz

AOASG exists to advocate, collaborate, raise awareness, and help build
capacity in open access.

Note: I work for the AOASG 3 days per week and my reply to this address may
be delayed on other days