[okfn-be] Legislative version control

Laurent Peuch psycojoker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 13:52:50 UTC 2012

> Is someone willing to take the time to put our on github?

Good luck. The only man out there that managed to parse the horrible
.pdf of de kamer is Tim.

Also, having laws in git is cool but not very useful. Git diff is good
for code, not good at all for formated text, you'll need to do
preprocessing on the text for git to work effectivly on it or do you
own diff function (this is the solution most ppl use).

On a side not, using camp/darcs instead of git could be very
interesting, here is a short 5min video that shows how it tracks
modifications: http://projects.haskell.org/camp/unique

Anyway, I would be very happy to see the belgium law on github :) (and
even more on gitorious) (if possible with a reusable lib to transform
law text into structured data on the side :p).

--

Laurent Peuch -- Bram