[okfn-be] Legislative version control

Hanssens Bart Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be
Thu Nov 22 13:58:55 UTC 2012

Hmz, one issue is that in .be, laws are first updated in other legal texts, citing changes like

"... in law X of date Y, the 3rd sentence of article 4 is to be replaced with ..."

And only then, someone may manually create a consolidated version (actually, this is done multiple times)...

I assume (not sure) that in .nl and .de this may be done the other way around: laws being edited "in place" in an online tool, and the diff published afterwards.
IMHO, THE way to go would be to overhaul the whole legal publishing stream...

(on a related note: http://ec.europa.eu/isa/actions/01-trusted-information-exchange/1-13action_en.htm
and a proposal http://www.slideshare.net/barthanssens/relex-finale)

Best regards

Bart