[okfn-be] Legislative version control

Peter Dedecker Peter at peterdedecker.eu
Thu Nov 22 15:34:33 UTC 2012

I'm in

But changing laws is easier than changing habits, which is the problem
in this...

And another practical problem is the fact that when using only one
language, it's easy to print the old version and the new one
(underlining new words and stroking old ones) next to each other in a
two-column layout, this becomes impossible with more than one language.
In Belgium, all propositions are written in two languages, next to each
other, paragraph synchronized, so you can detect faulty differences in
the two languages... Europe uses one master language for
documents/proposals. Impossible in Belgium.

Again, habits...