[okfn-be] Official chapter and our working groups

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Sat Sep 22 06:53:29 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

If you haven't heard the news already, we are now an official chapter of
the Open Knowledge Foundation. I know it has been quiet on the public
mailing list of OKFN Belgium, but today is a perfect day to start
switching gears.

Until now we have set up 4 main working groups:

* Creative Commons Belgium, led by Yannick H'Madoun. For the next months
he is going to visit Creative Commons in Amsterdam and is going to
manage Creative Commons Belgium from abroad.

* Open Transport working group (aka iRail), led by Pieter Colpaert.
During the next months we are going to do more international projects
together with the international transport working group. One of the
first projects will be an open transport data handbook for policy makers

* Open education working group (aka SchoolKid) led by Stephane Roelandt.
- Stef, can you give a small update here?

* App/Hack/Make competition working group led by Lieven Janssen
 - Labs for X: organising internal long-term (~min 1 week) hackathons
inside organisations. First one has been organised for VDAB and was a
success
 - Open data workshops: one evening, one organisation's datasets, lots
of coffee/beer.
 - Apps For X: 1 day hackathon/open data days concerning a certain X
(city, subject, group...). Last one which we organised was Apps For
Flanders on the 14th of September. Next one will probably be Apps For
Antwerp on the first of December. We still need some hands there!

Want to get involved in one of the current working groups? Interested in
setting up your own working group at OKFN Belgium? Reply here!

Kind regards,

Pieter
--
OKFN Belgium vzw/asbl