[okfn-be] Invitation to nominate a representative to the Open Knowledge Foundation Advisory Board

Zara Rahman zara.rahman at okfn.org
Thu Jul 25 09:20:05 UTC 2013

Hi Pieter,

I've just been notified that a couple of emails from this thread may
have been lost [we've just started using a new support service,
Tenderapp!] and I wanted to check that you had received the information
below? My apologies if not, or if you've received emails multiple times!

Once you've decided on your representative nomination, please send me a
bio and photo and we can get the site updated.

Thanks!

Zara

Hi Pieter, and all,

The responsibilities of those on the Advisory Board are outlined below:
(taken fromhttp://okfn.org/governance/) note- the visits to Cambridge
are not included in these responsibilities, just occasional conference
calls and individual, interest related, enquiries.

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you!

Zara

       Advisory Board Member Role and Responsibilities

http://okfn.org/about/advisory-board/

Advisory Board members provide guidance to the Foundation as well as
being consulted on key strategic issues.

There are no specific obligations as an Advisory Board member. We
occasionally organize conference calls for the Advisory Board which we
hope members will participate in (though we appreciate that with busy
schedules it may not be possible for members to participate in all
calls). These calls are generally quite brief and provide an opportunity
to consult Advisory Board members and update them on the Foundation's
activity. More often we engage Advisory Board members individually on
specific topics related to their interests, or in meetings with Rufus
and Laura to discuss general OKF strategy and other topics.